Amer Fort Jaipur Rajasthan
- Famous forHistory, Photography, Seeking Experience
- Fee550/Person for Foreign Tourists & Rs.100 for Indians
- Visiting Time10 AM – 5 PM (Daily)
- Visit Duration2 to 3 hours
In the 16th century, a fort was built by Maan Singh, a trusted Commander. Later, Mann started to rule the area around the fort, which was called Amer State. The fort is now called Aamer Fort and the city is called Jaipur. Aamer Fort or Amber Fort has located a short distance from the main city of Jaipur. It is an important tourist destination of this city.
The fort is located 11 km from Jaipur city. The fort is opened from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information about traveling time, please contact 0141-2530293. Elephant ride is available from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm. Light show in Hindi starts from 8 a.m. and English Light Show starts at 7:30 pm.
- Entry fees and fees
- Foreign Person – $ 550 per person
- Foreign students – $ 100 per person
- Indians – $ 50 per person
- Indian students – INR 10 per person
- Light show in English – $ 200 per person
- Light show in Hindi – INR 100 per person
- Elephant Ride – INR 1100 Single or per couple
The architectural beauty of Amber Fort
Hawa Mahal can be visited at any time of the day. And to really appreciate the architecture, you can go on a hot airless day. You will still be able to feel the air draft. However, it is advisable to travel to Rajasthan during winter because then the temperature is the most enjoyable.
Public audience hall
The hall of the Diwan-i-Aam or public audiences is a big hall standing with the support of two rows of columns. Each column is elaborate. The hall is open from three sides. The kings used to sit in the hall and listen to the questions of the common men. This hall is famous for its mosaic glassworks. Kings also met important ministers and guests in this hall.
Sukhnivas or Sukhmandir is a hall made of sandalwood and ivory. It is located just opposite the public audience hall. There is a small channel which runs through it which carries cold water. This is an ancient method of keeping the place cool. Although the word ‘temple’ is used in the name, this temple is not there. This is a hall where the king and queen relax. The name can be translated as the residence of enjoyment.
Castle of glass
Sheesh, Mahal or Mirror Palace is the most beautiful part of this fort. This castle has been shown in many local films. In this palace, the walls and the roofs are engraved with beautiful flowers and other paintings made of glass. A queen of the castle used to sleep under the stars. It is said that the ancient rites of land did not allow women to sleep in the open air. The king called the finest architects in this area to solve the problem. Thus, the mirror castle was constructed. It is said that if two candles are lit in the palace, then it will look like bright stars in the ceiling.
There is a beauty in Mughal Gardens which can not be more than the simple gardens you see across the country. This part is located on a thick lake. This garden is situated in front of the fort. The garden is made in the shape of a star. It is said that saffron flowers were planted in the garden. Now, the conditions of climate do not let the saffron plant grow in Jaipur. Now you can find beautiful flower plants in the garden.
The light show happens every evening. This show focuses on the history of Jaipur and Fort. This place shows the ancient anecdotes of sovereign and others. This show runs for 50 minutes and runs in both Hindi and English.
Explore the architectural beauty of Aamer Fort with this special program of 4 days Delhi Agra Jaipur Tour. This traveling event is specially designed to locate the historic city with a beautiful crown.
Traveling tours inside Amer Fort
It does not matter which instrument of transportation you choose, you will enter the fort through the sun door, the sun pole. You will initially enter the main premises of Jaleb Chowk. Tickets for admission tickets will be located in the office and other courtyards. Some roads will take you to Moon Gate, Chand Pol, which is located just opposite the Sun door. You can also keep audio guides or a guide in the ticket counter.
From the gate, you will find a staircase that will take you to the main palace. On the right, there is a small ladder that will take you to the Temple of Sila Devi. Before visiting the main palace, visit the first temple. The temple’s silver doors are famous for relief work.
The main staircase will take you to the public audience hall. From the hall, you can find the apartments of kings. Apart from this, you will find Ganesha door. Passing through the gate, you will enter the hall of victory which is famous for the multi-mirror roof, marble relief, and others. In front of the hall, you will find the Hall of Pleasure, the pleasure residence. You can also see the stunning view of Lake Maota from Vijay or Jai Temple Hall. In the fourth quarter, you will find queens apartments, which include the famous Mirror Palace.
- Things to do in Amber Fort
- Elephant riding around the fort is a very important activity. Elephant ride ends by noon. So, plan ahead.
- You can choose the four-wheel drive tour and include an hour’s waiting time. It costs about 300 rupees.
- Night light show
- In the evening watching the fortified under the hill
- Visit the museum and the garden inside the fort
- Panoramic view from four orchards. You can see the whole city from here.
- Classical dance program which happens in the Sukh Mahal Palace. Tickets will be available at the ticket counter.
- Meals are enjoyed at Surabhi Restaurant inside the fort, which serves various dishes.
- Enjoying puppet shows and traditional songs. These are available at dinner time.
- The Turban Museum is free to enter the fort. You can find a large collection of turbans here.
- In addition to the Siladevi Temple, you can see many temples in the palace with old havelis.